Greek rice from small family farms excellent for "gemista" (baked vegetables stuffed with rice). This long grain rice, also known as Carolina, was grown in a small family farm next to the rivers of Serres (Northern Greece), in ideal microclimate conditions. Proper sunlight and the right humidity levels in this area, the valley of river Strymon, contribute further to its growth. The soil has a high water storage capacity and its 6-6.5 pH is considered excellent. Farmers are hands-on every day with traditional farming techniques; it is no wonder this rice's premium quality goes beyond anything mass produced you have ever tried. Arosis is proud to call this rice "their own" because it embodies their philosophy: to always produce goods of value, the right way, at the right time.
Arosis has had top quality and production practices since 1956.
Visit www.arosis.gr to see how sophisticated agricultural practices are put into use with respect to the ecosystem and the people involved.
- Long grain rice with white color
- Highly aromatic and delicious, suitable for risotto and stuffed tomatoes/peppers (gemista)
- Serving size 1/4 cup (45g) makes 3/4 cup prepared
- About 10 servings per bag
- Check the recipe in the back of the paper
- Most friendly disinfection system with no use of chemicals
- Proudly produced in Greece
Product Cautions and Directions
- Store in a clean and cool place
- Avoid exposure to moisture and sunlight
- Do not consume after expiration