This is an instant mix powder with the caramel included, used for the preparation of "krema caramele", as is the flan known in Greek. You will need 640ml of cold milk and a saucepan, to makes 6 portions of flan; either distribute the mix in 6 individual baking forms or a flan pan. The caramel topping can be put either before the cream preparation (on the bottom of the flan pan), or after, on top of the flan, when the flan is cool and ready to be served. Haitoglou Caramel cream mix is one of the best products to make a perfect flan every time, just follow the detailed instructions (in Greek) on the side of the box.
Company Haitoglou Bros SA, was founded in 1924. Through continuous development, accumulated know-how, and expertise in sesame processing, they are the leading processor and supplier of sesame seeds and sesame related products worldwide. Their sesame processing plant is a modern installation of the highest hygienic standards and design, equipped with fully automated, closed-type processing lines, and has a production capacity of 150 tons of sesame per day. Apart from the sesame products, their expertise, modern facilities and know-how drove them to expand their product range to jams, jelly sweets, wafers and baking products like corn starch and baking mixes (mix for dumplings, instant whipped creams and Bechamel).
- Ready mix for flan
- 1 sachet of powder mix (62g)
- 1 sachet of caramel syrup (50g)
- Long expiration date (app. 1 year)
- Product of Thesaloniki, Greece
Product Cautions and Directions
- May contain traces of gluten, milk, egg or soy
- Store in a cool and dry place
- Mix 640ml of cold milk with sachet content, and stir occasionally until the mix starts to boil. Reduce hit to minimum and continue boiling for 1-2 minutes, do not wait for the cream to thicken during boiling. Poor the cream into the flan pan(s) and let cool off, before refrigeration. After 3-4 hours in the fridge you can unmold and serve
- The prepared mix must be refrigerated
- Cream mix: sugar, carrageenan, colored with b-carotene and riboflavin, natural flavor
- Caramel topping: glucose syrup, sugar, citric acid